Old 27-05-2003, 03:56 AM
Doug Ulberg

Default Pond Pictures

I just posted pictures of my pond at http://dulberg.smugmug.com/ . These
pictures are from last year and although much of the surrounding landscaping
is in the process of changing, the pond is unchanged from last year. All
the fish survived the winter and appear healthy. Pond is approx 3000
gallons and doesn't have any mechanical filtration although it does have a
UV light.

Old 27-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Nice!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

news

Old 27-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Denise

Excellent quality pics!

I am really enjoying see all the pond pics in this group. Very
inspiring! Makes me want to get out there and start digging a bigger
pond lol

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 28-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Dan

How do you keep the Koi from eating the plants? I can't keep live plants in
my pond, they get eaten.

Old 28-05-2003, 04:32 AM
Doug Ulberg

Dan, The fish are still small (6-7 inches) and don't bother with the plants,
although this might change as they get older and larger.

Old 29-05-2003, 05:22 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Very nice, love all the plants planted inbetween the rocks and climbing up.
Super!!! ~ jan )

"Doug Ulberg" wrote in message
I just posted pictures of my pond at http://dulberg.smugmug.com/ .

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 29-05-2003, 05:22 AM
Mark T.

Hi Doug,
Very nice waterfall!
How much water are you running through it to
get that effect- I mean in terms of gallons per hour?

Thanks,
Mark

Old 29-05-2003, 05:22 AM
Doug Ulberg

Mark,
I'm using a Sequence 4000 SEQ 19 which pumps about 3600 gph. The waterfall
is about 3 ft high. I've been told that the waterflow is too fast and that I
should slow it down to a trickle, but I like more flow. I may tee off the
main line to create secondary waterfalls to keep the rocks wet, and then put
more flowers into the rock.
Doug

Old 17-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Gareee©

REALLY nice looking! Hope my new pond looks that nice when complete!

--
Gareee©
Homepage: