Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
K30a

Default FrankenPond

I should have saved this for Halloween...
Reading this article it reminded me of using
UV light to destroy algae and what if a tadpole
got into the water going through the tube and
thus sparking some kind of new life - could we
actually see the legendary german shepherd sized
bullfrog from the murky past of rec.ponds.
Well, you never know....

Title: UV light may have sparked life on Earth
Ultra-violet light, long thought to be an impediment to the early formation of
long organic molecules, may in fact hold the key to the origin of life,
according to a new study. Intense UV rays from a young Sun bombarded the early
Earth and were thought likely to destroy any exposed organic molecules. But a
new mathematical model implies the radiation actually helped select out the
molecular seeds of life.
Full story he

k30a