Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
mike miller

Default how invasive is your water celery?

Wow. It's year #3 for my water celery, and it snaked its way out of the
pond and rooted well away from the pond's edge, even in our cold, z5
winter-with-no-snow-protection. What are others' experience with it?

--

Michael Miller

Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
Bonnie Espenshade

mike miller wrote:
Wow. It's year #3 for my water celery, and it snaked its way out of the
pond and rooted well away from the pond's edge, even in our cold, z5
winter-with-no-snow-protection. What are others' experience with it?

--

Michael Miller

I can't remember how long ago I first put in the water
celery. It has jumped the pond, but stays close. The
water mint is much worse.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
K30a

well, I can't kill it and I'm trying.

Lizard's Tail has gone clear across the frog bog
and out into the grass.

k30a
Old 29-05-2003, 02:56 PM
amethyst butterfly

My surprise invasive is water cress. Dang stuff is everywhere in the pond.
It also survived in the outer portion of the compost pile and is growing
where I just tossed some in my vegetable bed!

Of course, there is always the chocolate mint and taro that is taking over
everywhere. And do NOT permit either to touch dry land because it's growing
there also.

Oddly, I can't grow water celery.

--
Wendy* in N. California,

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying, 'Give me your poor, your tired,
your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and yelling, 'You want a
piece of me?' " Robin Williams

Old 29-05-2003, 03:32 PM

yup. and it looks really good too. but I am not a great lover of grass anyway.
Ingrid

"mike miller" wrote:

Wow. It's year #3 for my water celery, and it snaked its way out of the
pond and rooted well away from the pond's edge, even in our cold, z5
winter-with-no-snow-protection. What are others' experience with it?

water fern (azolla); was water celery zookeeper Ponds 10 23-03-2003 03:20 AM
water celery LRobi31070 Ponds 2 18-03-2003 02:44 AM
water celery LRobi31070 Ponds 0 17-03-2003 10:42 PM
water celery LRobi31070 Ponds 0 17-03-2003 10:42 PM