GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rosie Reds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/30158-rosie-reds.html)

D. S. 02-06-2003 05:20 AM

Rosie Reds

Are Rosie Red minnows a schooling fish? Also, what do they like to eat? I
went out today and bought a dozen of them.

--
D.S.

It's always darkest before dawn, so if you're going to
steal your neighbor's fish, that's the time to do it.

K30a 02-06-2003 05:32 AM

Rosie Reds

This page has a lot of good information
on rosie reds.

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/index.html

k30a

D. S. 02-06-2003 05:44 AM

Rosie Reds

Thanks so much. That answered everything!!

D.S.

BenignVanilla 02-06-2003 03:57 PM

Rosie Reds

"D. S." wrote in message
Are Rosie Red minnows a schooling fish? Also, what do they like to eat?

went out today and bought a dozen of them.

snip

I have always kept rosie's for feeders for some of my more voracious
aquarium pals. I have also used them recently *gulp* to make sure the pond
was safe. My rosie's always travel in packs, and seem to enjoy flake food
just fine. When I tossed a few into the pond, they voraciously gulped
anything small enough to fit in their mouths, from the pond surface.

BV.