GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Repairing EPDM rubber liner? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/30338-repairing-epdm-rubber-liner.html)

Bob 03-06-2003 03:44 PM

Repairing EPDM rubber liner?

I have been dealing with a leak since the winter and I have finally found
it! I guess the very thick ice on my pond over the winter plus me trying to
clear a hole in the ice caused a hole about the size of a nickel in my
liner. Fortunately it's about six inches below the surface on the side so
it's easy to get at but I have one question...what is the best way to repair
a hole in an EPDM rubber liner? I have never done this and I don't know
what to use. Any help out there? Thanks!

Bob
Massapequa, NY

cpemma 03-06-2003 04:20 PM

Repairing EPDM rubber liner?

"Bob" wrote in message
t...
I have been dealing with a leak since the winter and I have finally found
it! I guess the very thick ice on my pond over the winter plus me trying

clear a hole in the ice caused a hole about the size of a nickel in my
liner. Fortunately it's about six inches below the surface on the side so
it's easy to get at but I have one question...what is the best way to

repair
a hole in an EPDM rubber liner? I have never done this and I don't know
what to use. Any help out there? Thanks!

Your local pond shop should sell plasters. Very, very sticky with a silicone
paper covering the gluey side, mine came about 1" wide, sold by the foot.

Michael Shaffer 03-06-2003 05:56 PM

Repairing EPDM rubber liner?

yup, that's what i used.. except mine was about 8"x12" and i cut it up
into smaller pieces (had about 12 holes where i put nails through the liner)

cpemma wrote:
t...