GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Vegetables in Skippy Filter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/30669-vegetables-skippy-filter.html)

Chris 05-06-2003 02:08 PM

Vegetables in Skippy Filter

What do you do with the plants when they are put in the filter? I just
bought a few and they are still in the flat packaging. I just set them in
the filter for now. Do you take them out and let the roots sit in the water
or put them in a larger put with soil or ?

Just Me \Koi\ 05-06-2003 02:32 PM

Vegetables in Skippy Filter

I use pennyworth and Waterhyacinth. I normally just let them float on top!
Watch out to make sure that they don't block the outlet from your filter.

Also watch the roots so that they don't grow into your expensive filter
media.

--
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: