Old 05-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Chris

Default Vegetables in Skippy Filter

What do you do with the plants when they are put in the filter? I just
bought a few and they are still in the flat packaging. I just set them in
the filter for now. Do you take them out and let the roots sit in the water
or put them in a larger put with soil or ?

Old 05-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Just Me \Koi\

I use pennyworth and Waterhyacinth. I normally just let them float on top!
Watch out to make sure that they don't block the outlet from your filter.

Also watch the roots so that they don't grow into your expensive filter
media.

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Chris" wrote in message
What do you do with the plants when they are put in the filter? I just
bought a few and they are still in the flat packaging. I just set them in
the filter for now. Do you take them out and let the roots sit in the

water
or put them in a larger put with soil or ?

Skippy Filter question Carl Beyer Ponds 0 24-07-2004 04:42 AM
Wow! Skippy's filter really DOES work! GrannyGrump Ponds 35 22-07-2004 07:38 PM
Anyone use tulle as a filter medium in a 'Skippy's Type" filter? Madison Lapierre Ponds 3 21-04-2004 02:04 AM
Skippy Filter man says.... FBCS Ponds 36 17-08-2003 04:22 PM
Skippy's Filter With No Swirling Water Effect abc Ponds 0 06-05-2003 04:56 AM