GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What sticks to EPDM rubber (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/31998-what-sticks-epdm-rubber.html)

Randy 15-06-2003 02:32 AM

What sticks to EPDM rubber

I need to repair some leaks in our EPDM 45 mil rubber liner. Already tried
the single side seam tape. Did this when it was cold and it did not stick.

I would love to know what could be directly applied to the rubber. Would
stick tenaciously and would be 100% water immersable.

John Rutz 15-06-2003 04:20 AM

What sticks to EPDM rubber

Randy wrote:
I need to repair some leaks in our EPDM 45 mil rubber liner. Already tried
the single side seam tape. Did this when it was cold and it did not stick.

I would love to know what could be directly applied to the rubber. Would
stick tenaciously and would be 100% water immersable.

if your talking about small leaks RTV rubber from a autosuply store
works prety well I use a lot of it in my pond and filters
Learned to use it when i was in the fire dept for sealing high presure
pumps and lines

if its a lar4ge hole put a large bead of the rtv around it and mush a
peice of liner over it takes about 2-4 hours to set
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Hank Pagel 15-06-2003 05:44 AM

What sticks to EPDM rubber

Commercial roofing suppliers sell patch kits for EPDM roofing. RV
dealers also have sealant for EPDM roofs on motorhomes and trailers.
Both these products will make a permanent repair. If you do use RTV
sealant allow extra time for curing. Until it is completely cured RTV
gives off ammonia.

thlink.net...