GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Swimming Pool Vacuum (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/32453-swimming-pool-vacuum.html)

Dan 17-06-2003 01:08 AM

Swimming Pool Vacuum

Anyone use a swimming pool filter to vacuum their pond? Do you recycle water
or send to waste (water garden)?

Priscilla McCullough 17-06-2003 02:32 AM

Swimming Pool Vacuum

I use my swimming pool vacuum and attach it on the end of my wet/dry vac. I
use the water for the flower beds. I just run it on the bottom quick every
month and it keeps it clean. It like doing a 20% fresh water change which
the pond guy said wouldn't hurt a thing.
Priss

ronm 17-06-2003 01:20 PM

Swimming Pool Vacuum

I would think a swimming pool filter would plug up pretty fast and you would
need to backwash frequently. I would just send it to waste. Additional
benefit is you would be doing a partial water change.