GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Good pond creatures (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/33151-good-pond-creatures.html)

Scott Teetsel 20-06-2003 07:44 AM

Good pond creatures

I just started a small pond recently. I currently have a few small goldfish
in there. I would like to add some other unique creatures. I would rather
not build a wall around it, which I am told is necessary for turtles and
frogs. I have looked at mystery snails. What else would be good to add?

Thanks, Scott

FBCS 20-06-2003 03:35 PM

Good pond creatures

So far I have found a drowned mouse a drowned turtle and a live turtle in my
ponds and I didn't even add them. LOL
I have tried snails but the fish eat them.
Joann

Steve and Lisa 20-06-2003 03:56 PM

Good pond creatures

We've had 4 shrews commit suicide in our little pond. Birds drink from it,
but other than that nothing else has happened by.

Lisa

Heather 20-06-2003 08:08 PM

Good pond creatures

I have a 2" crayfish. If I put him in the pond...

How big will he grow?

Will he eat fish or tadpoles?

Thanks

Heather
Zone 5b

.. .

Sam Hopkins 20-06-2003 08:08 PM

Good pond creatures

Not sure, depends on his species. I just placed (100) 6" crayfish in my
pond. They were so big it was scary.