Old 20-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Scott Teetsel

Default Good pond creatures

I just started a small pond recently. I currently have a few small goldfish
in there. I would like to add some other unique creatures. I would rather
not build a wall around it, which I am told is necessary for turtles and
frogs. I have looked at mystery snails. What else would be good to add?

Thanks, Scott

Old 20-06-2003, 03:35 PM
FBCS

So far I have found a drowned mouse a drowned turtle and a live turtle in my
ponds and I didn't even add them. LOL
I have tried snails but the fish eat them.
Joann

Old 20-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Steve and Lisa

We've had 4 shrews commit suicide in our little pond. Birds drink from it,
but other than that nothing else has happened by.

Lisa

Old 20-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Heather

I have a 2" crayfish. If I put him in the pond...

How big will he grow?

Will he eat fish or tadpoles?

Thanks

Heather
Zone 5b

.. .

Old 20-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Sam Hopkins

Not sure, depends on his species. I just placed (100) 6" crayfish in my
pond. They were so big it was scary.

Pond creatures Bill Stock Ponds 23 25-10-2004 08:48 PM
Pond creatures Bill Stock Ponds 0 22-10-2004 06:26 PM
what are these creatures? mark w Ponds 4 14-05-2004 04:06 AM
Strange Creatures II Paul DeWolf Ponds 7 03-07-2003 07:20 AM
Strange Pond Creatures Steve Ponds 24 25-06-2003 08:20 AM