GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tubing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/33808-tubing.html)

*muffin* 24-06-2003 03:56 AM

tubing

do any of you have a place with good pricing on NON-kink tubing that doesn't
collapse? 1 1/4 inch??

Hank Pagel 24-06-2003 04:20 AM

tubing

I'm pretty sure that above the ground pools use 1 1/4" hoses. If you
are using it for a suction line the vacuum hoses will not collapse.
Any discount pool supply or some home centers will have it. There are
many grades and you get what you pay for.

*muffin* 24-06-2003 06:31 AM

tubing

we are using regular swimming pool hose, the nonkink stuff,, but it did
collapse at one point........
(using from prefilter to filter)

zookeeper 24-06-2003 08:20 AM

tubing

Have you checked Home Depot, Lowes type places? Our local HD has lots of
different sizes of tubing, hose, pipes, etc.
--
zookeeper

Hank Pagel 24-06-2003 01:20 PM

tubing

If you are pulling water through the hose you have to use vacuum hose.
There are two types of hose , pressure and suction. Even a quality
pressure hose can collapse under suction. Home Depot has a lot of
tubing, just make sure it is good for suction lines. As prefilter gets
clogged the hose will collapse if it is not designed for the negative
pressure.

Michael Shaffer 24-06-2003 05:44 PM

tubing

http://www.pondliner.com/Tubing.htm

Michael Shaffer 24-06-2003 05:44 PM

tubing

btw I'm using the flexible 2" pvc at the top and it doesn't collapse
under a vaccum, even with my 3600gph pump. It's very strong.

*muffin* 25-06-2003 05:44 AM

tubing

thanks.

my home depot only had small diam tubing or BIG $$$ hot tub stuff.

I was thinking of swimming pool filter hose,, but,, stuff is white.