GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How many days before UV light does its thing? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/34892-how-many-days-before-uv-light-does-its-thing.html)

Carl Beyer 30-06-2003 07:44 AM

How many days before UV light does its thing?

I am getting some serious green water in my little 400 gallon pond. I
installed a 15 Watt Aqua sterilizer with a 350GPH pump the other day,
and quite frankly, I don't feel I am seeing any results. I am mulling
over running my waterfall (800 GPH) through the pump as well.

Anyway, just trying to get an idea of what my patience should be.

Thanks in advance

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com

Michael Grossman 30-06-2003 12:08 PM

How many days before UV light does its thing?

Carl,
Check to make sure you have the proper flow rate going through your UV. If
your rate is too fast, it will not work.

Mike

Carl Beyer 30-06-2003 05:32 PM

How many days before UV light does its thing?

In article xIULa.64987$Ab2.140276@sccrnsc01,
"Michael Grossman" wrote:

Carl,
Check to make sure you have the proper flow rate going through your UV. If
your rate is too fast, it will not work.

Mike

It claims that to be a sterilizer keep it under 500 GPH, to be a
clarifyer keep it under 1800 GPH.