GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pond water clearing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/34996-pond-water-clearing.html)

Russ and Cathy 30-06-2003 10:58 PM

pond water clearing

Easter weekend we built a 600 gallon pond. The water turned green a few days
after we filled it. FINALLY after doing repeated complete water changes, i
just gave up and said "the heck with it". I know...... i know... patience is
a virtue but who likes green water? Well i have left it alone now for a few
weeks and by darn, it is clearing. YEAH!!!!! I can finally see my fish! So
there is hope for all who have green water!!!
BTW thanks to reading this group, I started giving my fish watermelon and
oranges. They LOVE them!
Thanks for all the tips everyone. I am now happily enjoying my pond.
Cathy

Wendy Kelly Budd 01-07-2003 01:32 PM

pond water clearing

Congrats. It's a lovely thing when the pond starts to clear, especially
when all the exercise you had to do was to exercise patience!

--
Wendy* in N. California,

"The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition."
Carl Sagan

Mistatee 01-07-2003 08:08 PM

pond water clearing

"Russ and Cathy" wrote in message

SNIP
just gave up and said "the heck with it". I know...... i know... patience

is
a virtue but who likes green water?

SNIP

Hand up in the air.... I think I do. I bet the fish do as well.

Steve
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.thomas4/MyPond.html

---