Old 30-06-2003, 10:58 PM
Russ and Cathy

Default pond water clearing

Easter weekend we built a 600 gallon pond. The water turned green a few days
after we filled it. FINALLY after doing repeated complete water changes, i
just gave up and said "the heck with it". I know...... i know... patience is
a virtue but who likes green water? Well i have left it alone now for a few
weeks and by darn, it is clearing. YEAH!!!!! I can finally see my fish! So
there is hope for all who have green water!!!
BTW thanks to reading this group, I started giving my fish watermelon and
oranges. They LOVE them!
Thanks for all the tips everyone. I am now happily enjoying my pond.
Cathy

Old 01-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Wendy Kelly Budd

Congrats. It's a lovely thing when the pond starts to clear, especially
when all the exercise you had to do was to exercise patience!

--
Wendy* in N. California,

"The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition."
Carl Sagan

Old 01-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Mistatee

"Russ and Cathy" wrote in message

SNIP
just gave up and said "the heck with it". I know...... i know... patience

is
a virtue but who likes green water?

SNIP

Hand up in the air.... I think I do. I bet the fish do as well.

Steve
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.thomas4/MyPond.html

---

water clearing Priscilla McCullough Ponds 3 21-08-2005 09:41 PM
Clearing Water Wilmdale Ponds 2 12-06-2005 12:32 AM
effort in clearing up hazy water... will this do? linda mar Freshwater Aquaria Plants 53 20-04-2003 05:56 AM
water report (WAS: effort in clearing up hazy water... will this do?) LM Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 05:56 AM
water report (WAS: effort in clearing up hazy water... will this do?) LM Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 02-03-2003 07:08 PM