GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Almost There (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/35787-almost-there.html)

AndyD 07-07-2003 09:03 PM

Almost There

The pond is now almost finished it only has 4 koi & 4 goldfish,which
were all freebies, but now after a year we seem to be getting some
steady ph,nitrate & ammonia readings (all good) so now may well be the
time to buy a few.

http://www.btinternet.com/~andy.stuff/Pond/

Doug 07-07-2003 09:03 PM

Almost There

Nice Job!!!!

Nice Filter Too!!

You won't be sorry you have a vortex .What model is that filter??

Doug
om...

~ jan JJsPond.us 08-07-2003 07:44 AM

Almost There

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:19:44 +0000 (UTC), AndyD
wrote:

The pond is now almost finished it only has 4 koi & 4 goldfish,which
were all freebies, but now after a year we seem to be getting some
steady ph,nitrate & ammonia readings (all good) so now may well be the
time to buy a few.

http://www.btinternet.com/~andy.stuff/Pond/

That's really nice Andy, I like the seating area around it and the steps
down to it. ~ jan :o)

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Mary & Dan Harrington 08-07-2003 01:56 PM

Almost There

AndyD wrote in message . com...
The pond is now almost finished it only has 4 koi & 4 goldfish,which
were all freebies, but now after a year we seem to be getting some
steady ph,nitrate & ammonia readings (all good) so now may well be the
time to buy a few.

http://www.btinternet.com/~andy.stuff/Pond/

That is some filter system.
Real nice pond.
You did a very nice job.
;-}
Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

Lee Brouillet 08-07-2003 03:22 PM

Almost There

Me too! What kind of filter/vortex system is that? And - if I may be so
bold, what is the cost? It looks like a very nice self-contained system.

Lee

"Doug" wrote in message
Nice Job!!!!

Nice Filter Too!!

You won't be sorry you have a vortex .What model is that filter??

Doug
om...

AndyD 08-07-2003 06:09 PM

Almost There

It was =A3695 from Manor Koi of Essex in UK....I think they have them made=
=20
specially, unfortunately they don't have a website.
It's got 6 bays 1 containing brushes, 2 with bits of plastic & 3 with=20
matting plus the vortex.

In article , =20
says...
"Doug" wrote in message
Nice Job!!!!

Nice Filter Too!!

You won't be sorry you have a vortex .What model is that filter??

Doug
om...

AndyD 08-07-2003 06:09 PM

Almost There

In article ,
says...
AndyD wrote in message . com...
The pond is now almost finished it only has 4 koi & 4 goldfish,which
were all freebies, but now after a year we seem to be getting some
steady ph,nitrate & ammonia readings (all good) so now may well be the
time to buy a few.

http://www.btinternet.com/~andy.stuff/Pond/

That is some filter system.
Real nice pond.
You did a very nice job.
;-}
Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

Thanks, now got to get started on some decking which will run from the
filters between the pond & the fence
:-)

AndyD 08-07-2003 06:09 PM

Almost There

In article , JJsPond@noe-
mail.com says...
wrote:

The pond is now almost finished it only has 4 koi & 4 goldfish,which
were all freebies, but now after a year we seem to be getting some
steady ph,nitrate & ammonia readings (all good) so now may well be the
time to buy a few.

http://www.btinternet.com/~andy.stuff/Pond/

That's really nice Andy, I like the seating area around it and the steps
down to it. ~ jan :o)

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Nice pics :-)
Clever filter design to get the same effect as a bottom drain without a
hole in the bottom. I've had to put another pump in the pond just below
the surface..with a homemade venturi(sp) to circulate the water as there
were a lot of "dead" spots.

Lee Brouillet 08-07-2003 11:32 PM

Almost There

Oh Horse Feathers . . . I should have checked your e-mail address first. I'd
probably pay that much in freight to get it over to this side of the Big
Pond! But it looks like a very nice unit.

Lee

"AndyD" wrote in message
om...
It was £695 from Manor Koi of Essex in UK....I think they have them made

"Doug" wrote in message
Nice Job!!!!

Nice Filter Too!!

You won't be sorry you have a vortex .What model is that filter??

Doug
om...

AndyD 08-07-2003 11:36 PM

Almost There

Can't you get them like that in the states ?

In article , =20
says...
Oh Horse Feathers . . . I should have checked your e-mail address first. =

I'd
probably pay that much in freight to get it over to this side of the Big
Pond! But it looks like a very nice unit.
=20
Lee
=20
"AndyD" wrote in message
om...
It was =A3695 from Manor Koi of Essex in UK....I think they have them mad=

specially, unfortunately they don't have a website.
It's got 6 bays 1 containing brushes, 2 with bits of plastic & 3 with
matting plus the vortex.
=20
In article ,

says...
Me too! What kind of filter/vortex system is that? And - if I may be so
bold, what is the cost? It looks like a very nice self-contained system=

..

Lee

"Doug" wrote in message
Nice Job!!!!

Nice Filter Too!!

You won't be sorry you have a vortex .What model is that filter??

Doug
"AndyD" wrote in message
om...
The pond is now almost finished it only has 4 koi & 4 goldfish,whic=

were all freebies, but now after a year we seem to be getting some
steady ph,nitrate & ammonia readings (all good) so now may well be =

the
time to buy a few.

http://www.btinternet.com/~andy.stuff/Pond/

=20
=20
=20

--=20
Only a test...but it's a start... now with guest book !
http://andy.stuff.users.btopenworld.com/