Old 08-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Randy

Default Building a spillway

We are wanting to build a small spillway from one pond into another.
We don't have a big drop, only about four inches, and it needs to be about 3
or 4 feet long. Can anyone direct us to photos that show how to build a
spillway?

Thanks,
Debbie

Old 10-07-2003, 06:23 PM
zookeeper

Randy wrote:
We are wanting to build a small spillway from one pond into another.
We don't have a big drop, only about four inches, and it needs to be about 3
or 4 feet long. Can anyone direct us to photos that show how to build a
spillway?

I don't have anything specific to point you to, but you could try a
Google search for spillway, pond, connect, stream, etc. "Stream" or
"streambed" may be a more common description for spillway, and some
people even use river. Someone in the rec.pond group recently posted his
URL which shows construction of a "river" connecting two ponds. I'm sure
some other posters will jump in here with suggestions.
--
Kathy B, zookeeper

Old 10-07-2003, 08:08 PM
John Rutz

zookeeper wrote:
Randy wrote:

We are wanting to build a small spillway from one pond into another.
We don't have a big drop, only about four inches, and it needs to be
about 3
or 4 feet long. Can anyone direct us to photos that show how to build a
spillway?

I don't have anything specific to point you to, but you could try a
Google search for spillway, pond, connect, stream, etc. "Stream" or
"streambed" may be a more common description for spillway, and some
people even use river. Someone in the rec.pond group recently posted his
URL which shows construction of a "river" connecting two ponds. I'm sure
some other posters will jump in here with suggestions.
--
Kathy B, zookeeper

-- spillway may be a bad word to use as most of us that have filters
or settlemetn tanks from rubbermaid containers have spillways out of the
filter/container which are just a flat area or pipe to let the water out

stream or streambed would be a better search

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 10-07-2003, 08:20 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

John Rutz wrote:

zookeeper wrote:

Randy wrote:

[...]

I have spillways John. Must take new photos. Maybe
tomorrow if the rain stops.

--
Bonnie
NJ

reasonably priced waterfall weir/spillway? john Ponds 1 26-08-2005 08:18 AM
Homemade waterfall spillway Mike C Ponds 4 22-07-2005 04:58 PM
advice wanted on building 10,000 gal koi pond Dennis Ponds 5 02-04-2003 08:56 AM
Pond building adventure ~ jan Ponds 1 25-01-2003 07:55 PM
Need building plans for workshop, and shed? Please Ryan Lawns 0 19-10-2002 04:42 PM