GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lotus Plants...and how NOT to plant them... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/37787-lotus-plants-how-not-plant-them.html)

BenignVanilla 21-07-2003 06:53 PM

Lotus Plants...and how NOT to plant them...

Well my 42'' deep planted lotus is up to 6 aerials, and a flower bud that is
now standing about 2.5-3 feet out of the water.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

Nedra 21-07-2003 07:12 PM

Lotus Plants...and how NOT to plant them...

Oh Gosh... You gotta get a camera and take a picture!
Please? We especially need a picture of the blossom!

Nedra

BenignVanilla 21-07-2003 09:25 PM

Lotus Plants...and how NOT to plant them...

"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Oh Gosh... You gotta get a camera and take a picture!
Please? We especially need a picture of the blossom!

I'll do it as soon as I can. I Just got back from camping, and I head out on
another trip Thursday...

BV.

~ jan JJsPond.us 21-07-2003 10:34 PM

Lotus Plants...and how NOT to plant them...

Well my 42'' deep planted lotus is up to 6 aerials, and a flower bud that is
now standing about 2.5-3 feet out of the water.

If it starts calling you SeeeeMORE, look out. I've found lotus must love
the HEAT, mine are blooming great guns and lots of aerials now. So cool! I
guess next year I'll have to sell or trade the one, as I have two pots of
the same, and get a bigger variety.

BV, you'll go down in history regarding planting a lotus wrong can be so
RIGHT! ;o) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

john rutz 22-07-2003 03:55 AM

BenignVanilla wrote:
Well my 42'' deep planted lotus is up to 6 aerials, and a flower bud that is
now standing about 2.5-3 feet out of the water.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

PFUEY mine hasnt done a dang thing cept take up space :-)

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

BenignVanilla 22-07-2003 03:03 PM

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Well my 42'' deep planted lotus is up to 6 aerials, and a flower bud that

is
now standing about 2.5-3 feet out of the water.

If it starts calling you SeeeeMORE, look out. I've found lotus must love
the HEAT, mine are blooming great guns and lots of aerials now. So cool! I
guess next year I'll have to sell or trade the one, as I have two pots of
the same, and get a bigger variety.

BV, you'll go down in history regarding planting a lotus wrong can be so
RIGHT! ;o) ~ jan

Not to brag or anything...but another flower bud popped up yesterday.

BV.

BenignVanilla 22-07-2003 03:03 PM

Lotus Plants...and how NOT to plant them...

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Well Dang, BV! That's no way to treat us co-owners - -
LOL!

snip

I promise I'll try to get it done before I leave. I am organizing the trip,
so there is a lot of work to be done to get 8 people out to Va for camping.
I'll do my best...I also owe Wilson some frogbit...so much to do, so little
time.

BV.

~ jan JJsPond.us 22-07-2003 07:16 PM

Lotus Plants...and how NOT to plant them...

Not to brag or anything...but another flower bud popped up yesterday.

BV.

What color is it? ~ jan

BenignVanilla 22-07-2003 07:38 PM

Lotus Plants...and how NOT to plant them...

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Not to brag or anything...but another flower bud popped up yesterday.

BV.

What color is it? ~ jan

They are both still buds, so it is hard to tell. There appears to be some
purplish color showing through.

BV.