Old 21-07-2003, 06:53 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Lotus Plants...and how NOT to plant them...

Well my 42'' deep planted lotus is up to 6 aerials, and a flower bud that is
now standing about 2.5-3 feet out of the water.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

Old 21-07-2003, 07:12 PM
Nedra

Oh Gosh... You gotta get a camera and take a picture!
Please? We especially need a picture of the blossom!

Nedra

Old 21-07-2003, 09:25 PM
BenignVanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Oh Gosh... You gotta get a camera and take a picture!
Please? We especially need a picture of the blossom!

I'll do it as soon as I can. I Just got back from camping, and I head out on
another trip Thursday...

BV.

Old 21-07-2003, 10:34 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Well my 42'' deep planted lotus is up to 6 aerials, and a flower bud that is
now standing about 2.5-3 feet out of the water.

If it starts calling you SeeeeMORE, look out. I've found lotus must love
the HEAT, mine are blooming great guns and lots of aerials now. So cool! I
guess next year I'll have to sell or trade the one, as I have two pots of
the same, and get a bigger variety.

BV, you'll go down in history regarding planting a lotus wrong can be so
RIGHT! ;o) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 22-07-2003, 03:55 AM
john rutz

BenignVanilla wrote:
Well my 42'' deep planted lotus is up to 6 aerials, and a flower bud that is
now standing about 2.5-3 feet out of the water.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

PFUEY mine hasnt done a dang thing cept take up space :-)

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 22-07-2003, 03:03 PM
BenignVanilla

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Well my 42'' deep planted lotus is up to 6 aerials, and a flower bud that

is
now standing about 2.5-3 feet out of the water.

If it starts calling you SeeeeMORE, look out. I've found lotus must love
the HEAT, mine are blooming great guns and lots of aerials now. So cool! I
guess next year I'll have to sell or trade the one, as I have two pots of
the same, and get a bigger variety.

BV, you'll go down in history regarding planting a lotus wrong can be so
RIGHT! ;o) ~ jan

Not to brag or anything...but another flower bud popped up yesterday.

BV.

Old 22-07-2003, 03:03 PM
BenignVanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Well Dang, BV! That's no way to treat us co-owners - -
LOL!

snip

I promise I'll try to get it done before I leave. I am organizing the trip,
so there is a lot of work to be done to get 8 people out to Va for camping.
I'll do my best...I also owe Wilson some frogbit...so much to do, so little
time.

BV.

Old 22-07-2003, 07:16 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Not to brag or anything...but another flower bud popped up yesterday.

BV.

What color is it? ~ jan

Old 22-07-2003, 07:38 PM
BenignVanilla

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Not to brag or anything...but another flower bud popped up yesterday.

BV.

What color is it? ~ jan

They are both still buds, so it is hard to tell. There appears to be some
purplish color showing through.

BV.