GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   something in pond???? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/38536-something-pond.html)

GaneaRowenna 28-07-2003 03:42 AM

something in pond????

I found several little things in the pond. They kinda look like fish but I
can't tell. I took a close up pic. How can I get the pic to you all to help
me figure this out?
Thank you,
ShawnAnne

K30a 28-07-2003 04:02 AM

something in pond????

Is a digital picture or a 'picture' picture?
Someone might be able to pop a digital picture
onto their site for a day or two.
AOL has free webpages to put pictures on if
you run a PC.
I'm always interested in critters ;-)

k30a
yearly brother website posting
http://www.30acreimaging.com/

GaneaRowenna 28-07-2003 04:02 AM

something in pond????

I figured something out. I just whipped up a quick web page. here is the
link. It has the picture of my creature.

http://hometown.aol.com/ganearowenna...ge/garden.html

K30a 28-07-2003 05:02 AM

something in pond????

Ummmm.
My what big eyes you have..... I'm guessing
a baby fish.

GaneaRowenna 28-07-2003 06:10 AM

something in pond????

If it is a fish, there are dozens of them. How exciting.

Sue Walsh 28-07-2003 12:32 PM

something in pond????

(GaneaRowenna) wrote in message ...
If it is a fish, there are dozens of them. How exciting.

You have FISH!

They look just like the two that showed up in my pond, even though I
never stocked any fish to the pond. I had purchased some underwater
plants from a local pet store and their must have been fish eggs on
them that I didn't notice. They turned out to be goldfish, although
they were clear and brown to start out. One eventually turned red and
the other white. Yours will most likely change colors too. They do
not need to be feed at this point. I never knew they were in there
and having no other fish never feed them and they did fine.

What size pond do you have? Can it support a few dozen more mature
fish? If not, consider getting rid of some now before you get too
attatched to them. Better to do it now, if need be, before it causes
a balance problem in your pond.

Whatever, Enjoy your pond!
SueW

johnrutz 28-07-2003 03:15 PM