Old 28-07-2003, 04:05 PM
johnrutz

Default bad start this am

woke up got my first cupa and tv said Bob Hope died
hard news for an old soldier
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 28-07-2003, 04:32 PM
DonKcR

I hadn't heard that, the world will miss him. He was one of the greats as
they say. God Bless Him. Kc

Old 28-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Nedra

Yes ... What a wonderful special guy. I remember him from
WW2. my "Memories" go back a looong time.

Nedra

Old 29-07-2003, 12:05 AM
Anne Lurie

I hear ya, John! I have always been a big Bob Hope fan -- even dragged my
[then-boyfriend, now hubby] to see Bob at Michigan State University back in
the late 60's.

We recently watched a Bob Hope retrospective, and I commented that I could
*not* believe that nothing was shown about his immense contribution to the
morale of the US armed forces -- to my relief, the program was an hour
longer than I thought, and the last entire hour was devoted, as Bob Hope
himself was, to the US armed forces.

As much as I'll miss Bob Hope, I find a bit of comfort that he'll have
Gregory Peck & Katharine Hepburn ready to greet him.

The dictionary folks may have to re-define "class act" IMHO.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC