GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT we led the nation OT (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/38909-ot-we-led-nation-ot.html)

K30a 31-07-2003 03:43 PM

OT we led the nation OT

in the hottest temperature - 108.

Listed in the newspaper today as the hottest temperature at
Hanford Washington - this is the Dept. of Energy reservation that borders our
town (where DH works).

Kindof makes you proud!

k30a
yearly brother website posting
http://www.30acreimaging.com/

daytripper 01-08-2003 01:06 AM

OT we led the nation OT

On 31 Jul 2003 14:38:05 GMT, ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

in the hottest temperature - 108.

Listed in the newspaper today as the hottest temperature at
Hanford Washington - this is the Dept. of Energy reservation that borders our
town (where DH works).

Kindof makes you proud!

Not to mention glow in the dark... ;-)

jammer 01-08-2003 04:04 AM

OT we led the nation OT

On 31 Jul 2003 14:38:05 GMT, ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

in the hottest temperature - 108.

Listed in the newspaper today as the hottest temperature at
Hanford Washington - this is the Dept. of Energy reservation that borders our
town (where DH works).

Kindof makes you proud!

It kind of makes ME SICK!!!!

K30a 01-08-2003 04:23 AM

OT we led the nation OT

jammer wrote It kind of makes ME SICK!!!!

the temperature?

Anne Lurie 02-08-2003 10:22 PM

OT we led the nation OT

As the saying goes here in the South, "bless your heart" -- and keep the
weather to yourself!

Man, I need a glass of something icy cold just thinking about that
temperature!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

K30a 02-08-2003 11:03 PM

OT we led the nation OT

Anne wrote As the saying goes here in the South, "bless your heart" -- and
keep the
weather to yourself!

Today clouds moved in and some very rare humidity. This is an arid region,
seven inches of rain a year and
we get totally undone by humidity and think we're all going to die!

k30a

RichToyBox 03-08-2003 03:12 AM

OT we led the nation OT

7 inches. I wish I could figure out a way to send you some rain. We
normally get about 42 inches a year. Since last October when the weather
patterns changed, we have gotten over 60 inches. My weeds are growing
faster than I can pull them. The ground is saturated and last nights heavy
rain carried the runoff over the side of the pond, which is elevated a few
inches, so I have some mud in the pond. Not orange.
--
RichToyBox

Nedra 03-08-2003 05:12 AM

OT we led the nation OT

Kathy, I honestly do Not know how you survive! ;-)
Better than going hungry - I suppose. I should send you
some moss and of course lots of rain! You know I would
if I could figure a way.

Nedra

K30a 03-08-2003 08:02 PM

OT we led the nation OT

daytripper wrote Not to mention glow in the dark... ;-)

Nah, glowing in the dark went out as a
party trick a looong time ago. No fun
when everyone can do it!

~ jan JJsPond.us 08-08-2003 12:45 AM

OT we led the nation OT

Today clouds moved in and some very rare humidity. This is an arid region,
seven inches of rain a year and
we get totally undone by humidity and think we're all going to die!
k30a

As K30 knows, I'm one of those totally undone ones. Humidity over 30% and
temps 75F, omg! To think I'm going to Georgia at the end of September,
how will I survive? I hope we have some ponders down there to give me some
pointers. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~