Old 02-08-2003, 08:03 PM
Gjlwilliams

Default Poolout, pondin

After 18 years the wife says the above ground pool has to go to make way for a
pond. So where do I start? I'm looking at something that will be about 20' wide
by 3-4' deep. So I'm looking for info on how, what and where. The pond will be
located on a north facing slope with sun about 3/4 of the day, located in SE Pa
if that makes any difference. Thank's

Gary W.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:22 PM
K30a

Welcome to rec.ponds!

Here are three great pages to start with ~

http://www.pondrushes.net/
and
http://www.geocities.com/bickal2000/pond.htm
and
http://www.fishpondinfo.com

Decide what you want in a pond so you can plan
ahead. Like lots blooming lilies? Or are you bitten by the koi bug? The two
don't always get a long. Also are raccoons a pest in your area? You can plan
for them.
What are your winters like? Do you know your gardening zone?
Do you have plans to get electricity out to the pond?
Let's see... what else? ;-)

k30a

Old 02-08-2003, 09:02 PM
john rutz

--
and if you have any questions or are unsure of the meaning of what you
read ask here one of us will probably have an answer

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 03-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Bob H

You might find this of interest,
http://groups.msn.com/TheOldGardenPo...nw?albumlist=2
someone in the Old Garden Pond group did exactly the same thing, this is a
look at how their project went.