Old 09-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Nedra

Default Need a Link for rec.ponds

I have a friend who needs a link to get here.
Anyone know what I can send her as a link?
Thanks much!

Nedra

Old 09-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Steve and Lisa

If they use a newsreader such as Netscape or Outlook they can get it from a
link on your website by your adding a hyperlink. You do so by putting news:
rec.ponds for the hyperlink, which will open up in their newsreader.

Or you could send them to Google:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ds&sa=N&tab=wg

Lisa
hlink.net...

Old 09-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Nedra

so what the heck is a hyperlink??
Nedra

"Steve and Lisa" wrote in message
.. .
If they use a newsreader such as Netscape or Outlook they can get it from

link on your website by your adding a hyperlink. You do so by putting

rec.ponds for the hyperlink, which will open up in their newsreader.

Or you could send them to Google:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ds&sa=N&tab=wg

Lisa
hlink.net...

Old 09-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Steve and Lisa

A hyperlink is what one clicks on at a website that leads you to another
site, e-mail addy or newsgroup. I've put one on the bottom of our pond page
(we have a tiny tiny pond...first attempt at one.) that leads to the
newsgroup for anyone using a newsreader.

http://www.britsintheus.com/marriednhappy/tadpole.htm

Lisa

hlink.net...

Old 09-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Steve J. Noll

If your friend is unfamiliar with newsgroups and newsreaders
he or she can access this newsgroup via a web browser and the
Google search engine. Cut and paste this address into the
web browser:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...roup=rec.ponds

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 10:16:00 GMT, "Nedra"
wrote:

I have a friend who needs a link to get here.
Anyone know what I can send her as a link?
Thanks much!

Nedra

Steve J. Noll | Ventura California (zone 10)

Old 09-08-2003, 05:12 PM
John Hines

"Nedra" wrote:

I have a friend who needs a link to get here.
Anyone know what I can send her as a link?

It should be picked up just like any other URL.

Old 09-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Nedra

Thanks to all for the great help!
Hope she comes on. Seems she has a problem with getting
a snake out of the pond. She's in Memphis, Tennessee.

Nedra