GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Need help in locating and removal of snake - species unknown (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/40216-need-help-locating-removal-snake-species-unknown.html)

Fernlady1559 12-08-2003 05:24 AM

Need help in locating and removal of snake - species unknown

This snake needs to be relocated. It slitered into washout by the side of
small preformed pond, moving fast, dislocating rocks as it went. Need
advise on how to bring out in open so I can net it and relocate and/or
kill it.

zookeeper 12-08-2003 08:43 PM

Fernlady1559 wrote:
This snake needs to be relocated. It slitered into washout by the side of
small preformed pond, moving fast, dislocating rocks as it went. Need
advise on how to bring out in open so I can net it and relocate and/or
kill it.

How big? What color? Where are you located? Is it eating your fish? or
are you in danger of getting a snake bite?

If neither you nor your fish are in danger, I'd leave it be. Snakes are
great at eating unwanted slugs, snails, voles, mice, etc.
--
Zk (sig compliments of BV)
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies

K30a 12-08-2003 08:51 PM

Need help in locating and removal of snake - species unknown

Many times, especially in dry times, snakes come to the pond to drink.

You would probably have to remove all your rocks to get him to come out of
hiding, then leave them removed until he doesn't see the pond as a safe harbor
anymore and let him go away on his own.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html

Benign Vanilla 14-08-2003 03:22 PM

"Fernlady1559" wrote in message
This snake needs to be relocated. It slitered into washout by the side of
small preformed pond, moving fast, dislocating rocks as it went. Need
advise on how to bring out in open so I can net it and relocate and/or
kill it.

By all means don't kill it...you created a great environment for him...don't
kill him because he is thanking you!

BV.