Old 12-08-2003, 05:24 AM
Fernlady1559

Default Need help in locating and removal of snake - species unknown

This snake needs to be relocated. It slitered into washout by the side of
small preformed pond, moving fast, dislocating rocks as it went. Need
advise on how to bring out in open so I can net it and relocate and/or
kill it.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:43 PM
zookeeper

Fernlady1559 wrote:
This snake needs to be relocated. It slitered into washout by the side of
small preformed pond, moving fast, dislocating rocks as it went. Need
advise on how to bring out in open so I can net it and relocate and/or
kill it.

How big? What color? Where are you located? Is it eating your fish? or
are you in danger of getting a snake bite?

If neither you nor your fish are in danger, I'd leave it be. Snakes are
great at eating unwanted slugs, snails, voles, mice, etc.
--
Zk (sig compliments of BV)
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies

Old 12-08-2003, 08:51 PM
K30a

Many times, especially in dry times, snakes come to the pond to drink.

You would probably have to remove all your rocks to get him to come out of
hiding, then leave them removed until he doesn't see the pond as a safe harbor
anymore and let him go away on his own.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html

Old 14-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Fernlady1559" wrote in message
This snake needs to be relocated. It slitered into washout by the side of
small preformed pond, moving fast, dislocating rocks as it went. Need
advise on how to bring out in open so I can net it and relocate and/or
kill it.

By all means don't kill it...you created a great environment for him...don't
kill him because he is thanking you!

BV.

What do i need to ensure when re locating a 9ft cordyline tree? paterson00 Gardening 1 11-05-2008 02:43 AM
Water Snake = Grass Snake? Terry Pinnell United Kingdom 1 15-06-2005 09:11 AM
Snake removal? Gareee© Ponds 11 15-04-2005 02:10 AM
Snake--- cool snake story... Gareee© Ponds 0 04-05-2004 02:02 PM
Snake Traps [safe for you & wont harm the snake] james North Carolina 0 26-04-2003 02:56 AM