Old 13-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Michael Grossman

Default UPDATE on Paralyzed Koi

I just wanted to update everyone on the Koi I wrote in about 5 or 6 weeks
ago that had suddenly been paralyzed. He was motionless at the bottom of
the pond. He only had use of his pectoral fins and nothing else. We moved
him to a small preformed pond and had to hand feed him for the first 2
weeks. He slowly started to regain use of his fins from front to back.
After 3 weeks we came out 1 day and found him able to hold himself upright
again, but still had great difficulty trying to swim. He would just roll
upside down. Over the last week or so, he drastically improved and began
swimming around much easier and looking for food. Sunday we moved him back
into the main pond. He still looks a little funny when he swims, but he is
swimming with all the fish and eating and just looks happy to be back with
the others. It is hard to imagine that just a few weeks ago this fish was
motionless lying on his side unable to move.

Mike

Old 13-08-2003, 11:34 PM
K30a

Wow! hand feeding, that is some lucky fish :-)
Glad to hear he's back in the swim.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 14-08-2003, 03:32 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Any idea what happened to him?

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley

Old 14-08-2003, 03:42 AM
Michael Grossman

We were never really able to figure out what happened. It is possible he
got caught up against the pump sock which has a primaxl3400 pump inside(3800
gph). Although a healthy 5" koi should have no problem getting away from a
pump. There we no signs of any other problems. Water tested fine and other
fish were and are fine. It remains a mystery.

Mike
"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in
message ...
[...]

LG Update: Birds of America (was Alexis Bledel update) Rob Jensen Ponds 0 26-12-2007 12:03 AM
Koi fry update Koi-lo Ponds 0 24-01-2006 06:06 AM
Koi fry update Reel McKoi Ponds 0 14-05-2005 02:21 AM
koi and plants? depends on the pond size.... and the koi's diet... adavisus Ponds 3 07-08-2003 08:22 AM
Koi and Waterlillies Update Pickmaster Ponds 2 26-05-2003 05:21 PM