GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Thalia (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/40767-thalia.html)

Jeff & Kathy Brown 18-08-2003 04:42 PM

Thalia

Does anyone have a giant Thalia in their pond? How deep can you put them?
We have a huge Thalia and the wind keeps knocking it over. If it was
deeper, I doubt if it would continue to be an every day hassle. Thanks.
Kathy

Jerrispond 18-08-2003 05:02 PM

Thalia

Does anyone have a giant Thalia in their pond? How deep can you put them?
We have a huge Thalia and the wind keeps knocking it over. If it was
deeper, I doubt if it would continue to be an every day hassle.

They can only go 1 to 6 inches....I have mine potted in a square dishpan, which
doesn;t blow over, but kind of controls the size Jerri

Sue Walsh 20-08-2003 02:12 PM

Thalia

"Jeff & Kathy Brown"
We have a huge Thalia and the wind keeps knocking it over.

Kathy,
For any top heavy plant, you can try getting a container 2 sizes
larger and filling the bottom 1/3 with rocks, then place your potted
plant into the center of this container and fill around it with either
stones and/or sand. This hopefully would add enough weight to keep it
upright. Good luck

Sue W