GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   definition of the term *Plonk* (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/40996-definition-term-%2Aplonk%2A.html)

Lurker number 47 29-08-2003 07:43 PM

definition of the term *Plonk*

Bob Adkins wrote:

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 01:51:34 GMT, Axolotl wrote:

http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/P/plonk.html
or
http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?plonk

AFAIK, both definitions are a little off. "Plonk" is the sound of a
telephone slamming down, as in hanging up on someone in disgust. It is
used
to indicate the plonker is sending the plonkee to the kill file. :-)

Bob

I always thought it meant "Please Leave Our Newsgroup. Killfiled."

--
LN. 47

spam_heaven at sympatico dot ca is where I can be reached

dkat 30-08-2003 03:36 AM

definition of the term *Plonk*

:) definitely a good thing to know. DK
"LeeAnne" wrote in message
lol, sorry dkat :-)
Just remember to duck real fast if you ever hear that noise!

"dkat" wrote in message
I really really really wish you hadn't done that..... Serves me right

but
now I have this awful visual image to go with the sound effect... DK

"LeeAnne" wrote in message
I think the sound of it hitting the fan is more like a

'whiiirrrrsplogsplat,
fit fit fit fit'
;-D