GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Keeping the pond bottom clean. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/41408-keeping-pond-bottom-clean.html)

k conover 28-08-2003 07:12 AM

Keeping the pond bottom clean.

Wow! That's an inspiring pond. But it makes me tired just looking at all
the "in progress" pictures :-)
Kirsten
"REBEL JOE" wrote in message
The one I have has a place for a hose to expel the water.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Anne Lurie 28-08-2003 11:42 PM

Keeping the pond bottom clean.

Pat, it depends how big (and deep) your pond is. My teeny water garden has
a maximum depth of maybe 24".

I experimented by putting the end of the shop vac hose directly on the
bottom of the water garden, and I was able to get up some of the gunk
without much water. OTOH, I was really trying to do a complete water
change, so it was just a theoretical question for me.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"O3raledale" wrote in message
Please excuse my ignorance, but how does one use a shop vac to clean the
bottom? doesn't it fill right up with pond water before you get all of the

gunk
out?
-Pat
(another newbie)

Karen Mullen 29-08-2003 01:04 AM

Keeping the pond bottom clean.

In article ,
(Kevin Carbis) writes:

I walk in mine at least once a day--.unless it's raining

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH

worried you'll get wet? :)

why of course! LOL

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Roger Grady 30-08-2003 06:42 PM

(Karen Mullen) wrote:

I walk in mine at least once a day--.unless it's raining

While we were having our 2.5" of rain yesterday I had to go outside to
clean out a plugged up downspout. I figured I needed both hands and
couldn't hold an umbrella so I put on an old shirt and shorts and just
went out in the rain and did it. Then I started pulling weeds and
ended up wading in the pond. My wife came home and yelled outside
asking if I didn't know it was raining. I told her I thought I'd just
worked up an especially good sweat. It was great fun. The pond smells
great after a good rain, even better during the rain.

Roger Grady

To reply by email, remove "qlfit." from address