Old 31-08-2003, 10:02 PM
john barsell

Default permits

I propose to build a stock watering pond in an existing drainage channel.
(California) Are any Federal permits required and if so by which agency?

Old 02-09-2003, 04:32 PM
Sam Hopkins

If there's any wetlands there you'll need to get it approved by your local
DEP. The federal government passed a law that states there will not be any
negative loss of wetlands in america.

Sam

Old 02-09-2003, 07:42 PM
dt

john barsell wrote:

I propose to build a stock watering pond in an existing drainage channel.
(California) Are any Federal permits required and if so by which agency?

John,

Your best bet would be to check with what we here in Texas call your
"county agent"; they're associated with the state land grant college.
Usually those guys can tell you just about everything you need to know.

http://ucanr.org/ce.cfm

Dale