GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Good bio media for retaining area that can be seen. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/42174-good-bio-media-retaining-area-can-seen.html)

Mickey 05-09-2003 01:43 AM

Good bio media for retaining area that can be seen.

My pond now has a retaining area behind the water fall that is 20 feet long
and 12-14" deep. I have some plants in there to help with algae what is a
good Biological filter media? I don't think I want spoons and forks floats
in the retaining area as anyone who walks up to the pond will see in.

RichToyBox 08-09-2003 03:04 AM

Good bio media for retaining area that can be seen.

There are any number of materials that will work as bio media, but for what
you describe as what you want, I think the window screening would probably
be best. It is dark in color, so it won't show against the liner. It can
be made into pillows by sewing a pillow case of the screen to stuff with
more screen. It is easily taken out of the filter area and cleaned. It has
a high surface area for the bio bugs.
--
RichToyBox