Old 07-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Dave Hahn

Default Pond Plants

I see posts here that say to put your plants in pea stone. When I get my
plants they are in some type of clay/soil, now do I plant them as is in the
pea stone, or do I make them bare root and then put them into the pea stone?

Old 08-09-2003, 03:04 AM
RichToyBox

For everything but the water lilies and lotus, I bare root everything and
pot them in gravel. They are able to get the nutrients from the water and
though the koi take some of the rocks, they aren't rooting in soil and
clouding the water for me.
--
RichToyBox

om...

Old 08-09-2003, 07:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Ditto. Only I use BIG rocks, to hold them down in the wind, and if they do
get up turned it's easier to pick up one BIG rock then 50 small ones. ;o)
~ jan

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 23:47:45 GMT, "RichToyBox"
wrote:

For everything but the water lilies and lotus, I bare root everything and
pot them in gravel. They are able to get the nutrients from the water and
though the koi take some of the rocks, they aren't rooting in soil and
clouding the water for me.

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~