Old 19-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Lynn Strickland

Default Sump Pump Source?

I've got an Aquascape Designs system installed (almost ready to add water).

It's not set up to accommodate a bottom drain [meaning, plumbing a bottom
drain into the pump isn't accommodated]. Based on advice here, I installed
a bottom drain anyway, and stubbed in behind the skimmer (4"). The plan is
to use a separate 'sump pump' like thing, and once a week or so, cycle it it
to suck the junk off the bottom.

Any ideas as to where I might find an appropriate pump (places to search on
line?) It won't run continuously, but when it does run, I want it to really
pull the gunk out. Home depot didn't have anything appropriate.

Thanks.

Old 20-09-2003, 12:36 AM
Barbara2245

"Lynn Strickland" wrote in message link.net...
I've got an Aquascape Designs system installed (almost ready to add water).

It's not set up to accommodate a bottom drain [meaning, plumbing a bottom
drain into the pump isn't accommodated]. Based on advice here, I installed
a bottom drain anyway, and stubbed in behind the skimmer (4"). The plan is
to use a separate 'sump pump' like thing, and once a week or so, cycle it it
to suck the junk off the bottom.

Any ideas as to where I might find an appropriate pump (places to search on
line?) It won't run continuously, but when it does run, I want it to really
pull the gunk out. Home depot didn't have anything appropriate.

Thanks.

It would seem you would want something like the Beckett Big Versa that
will suck up to 1 1/4 inch objects and not clog or break the impeller.
I uses lower amounts of power. Never use a sump pump because they are
not designed for pond use. Good luck.