Old 30-09-2003, 02:35 AM
Rhino

Default OUTLINE IDEAS? For a DIY on the Cheap site

After seeing BV's foray into "PID" (Pond Information Desimination) I am finally
listening to my DW and trying to put together a website for your basic cheap
"I'll do it myself" kinda person. I have always been the type to find a way
around the high prices of specialty items. I want the site to be a step by step
"how to" with links and credit given to the people who I have unashamedly copied
in my quest to save a few bucks. Below is a rough outline that I just put
together. I am asking the PORG to feel free to make additions and give me ideas
so I can cover all the bases. Please cut and paste to your hearts content.

Rhino

DIY ON THE CHEAP POND

WHAT IS A POND?
NATURAL
FORMAL
BOG

PLANNING

1. SHADE AND SUN

2. VIEW

3. SLOPE AND DRAINAGE

4. WATER AND ELECTRICAL SOURCES
A. CITY CODES

5. SIZE (DEPTH, LENGTH AND WIDTH)
A. BASED ON PURPOSE
B. TYPE OF FISH
C. TYPES OF PLANTS

6. FEATURES (WATERFALLS, FOUNTAINS, STREAMS)

7. BUDGET, TIME & YOUR ABILITIES

8. LEARN ALL YOU CAN
A. REC.PONDS
B. BOOKS AND MAGAZINES
C. STORES
D. POND CLUBS AND SOCIETIES
E. FAMILY AND FRIENDS

9. SOIL TYPE

10. FILTRATION TYPE
A. MECHANICAL
B. BIOLOGICAL
C. VEGGIE
D. COMBO OF ABOVE
E. UV
F. BEAD OR PRESSURE

11. MATERIALS
A. LINER
B. UNDERLAY
C. PUMP -PROPER TYPE AND SIZE
D. SKIMMER
E. PIPES, CONNECTORS, VALVES, DRAINS

12. LANDSCAPING
A. ROCKS
B. PLANTINGS
C. EDGING

13. DIY COMPONENTS
A. SKIMMER
B. BULKHEAD
C. POTS
D. FILTERS & COMPONENTS

14. PLANTS
A. DEEP WATER
B. FLOATERS
C. MARGINALS
D. OXYGENATORS

See My Pond

Follow the Pond Links

See my pond
www.htcomp.net/rhino_4_good/index.htm

"Without the second ammendment, the others are just suggestions."