Old 30-10-2003, 12:32 AM
HARRYLEHMANHORSELOGGING

Default big ag ponds

Where might I find some info addressing duckweed and other topics on
large farm ponds?TIA y'all
Old 30-10-2003, 02:02 AM
ponder

What type of info are you looking for? Are you trying to get rid of it, or
harvest it?

Old 30-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Jim Humphries

Try your state agriculture service or the Ag department of a University.
Many have online ifo too.
--
Jim and Sara Humphries, Victoria, BC

Old 01-11-2003, 04:32 AM
HARRYLEHMANHORSELOGGING

I have a couple large ponds that have bass and blue gill, herons,
geese, occaisional osprey. Deer, coons, ditto. Good fishing and good
irrigation supply up until the increased invasion of the duckweed.
nastystuff. I tried major manual removal once , and we broke out in
itches for a number of days. I would like to get rid of it, thinking
that maybe aeration might be an alternative to nuking the whole place.
Dunno how to figger the cost of that, or what the heck would REALLY
work.
Old 03-11-2003, 04:32 AM
BenignVanilla

"HARRYLEHMANHORSELOGGING" wrote in message
I have a couple large ponds that have bass and blue gill, herons,
geese, occaisional osprey. Deer, coons, ditto. Good fishing and good
irrigation supply up until the increased invasion of the duckweed.
nastystuff. I tried major manual removal once , and we broke out in
itches for a number of days. I would like to get rid of it, thinking
that maybe aeration might be an alternative to nuking the whole place.
Dunno how to figger the cost of that, or what the heck would REALLY
work.

My Koi and Goldfish mowed my duckweed down. I have a 10x13ish pond, and it
was completely covered, until I dumped the fish in there. It took them about
3 or 4 days to get rid of all of it.

BV.