GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pond "frog shelf"......ideas wanted (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/46582-pond-frog-shelf-ideas-wanted.html)

jammer 03-11-2003 04:12 AM

Pond "frog shelf"......ideas wanted

Ok, I have a question. I have a measly little 70 gallon preform
pondlet and some of you must know what they look like....This year i
stacked bricks in four places for the toads to get out. (All i cared
about was making it toad friendly from the beginning. I got toads but
time and time again they had trouble getting out) I have racked my
brain trying to think of a way to make a small ledge all the way
around the thing. I decided i could rig something out of coat hanger
wire. I have two questions. How do i dull or what can i use to cap the
ends, and what can i put on the coat hanger wire to make the
shelf/ledge? If i had to, i could probably use brick, I thought about
tieing small branches/sticks all the way around, but i don't know if i
could pull that off.

Any suggestions?

K30a 03-11-2003 05:13 AM

Pond "frog shelf"......ideas wanted

I would dig in the preformed pond in deeper and surround it
with overhanging sod. The grass will grow down into the water. It really isn't
as messy and muddy as it sounds. We have six feet of the side of our pond done
in this manner. When we had frogs in there they crawled in and out and sat on
the edge sunning themselves.

k30a
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html