GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wow, I guess I don't need a grow light (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/46694-wow-i-guess-i-dont-need-grow-light.html)

Michael Shaffer 05-11-2003 03:22 AM

Wow, I guess I don't need a grow light

I'm overwintering my water hyacinths and a couple other plants and they
are THRIVING under 4 normal 40" shop lights. One of the water hyacinths
is getting to be almost 2 feet across and the others are at least 1'.
They're growing way faster than they did outside over the summer. If
anybody is thinking of overwintering their plants, don't buy a grow
light, try a pair of shop lights first. I also surrounded them with tinfoil.

Anyways just thought I would share my little experience. If anybody
needs water hyacinths, I'm sure I'll have a lot of extras..

Mike

Bonnie 05-11-2003 01:02 PM

Michael Shaffer wrote:

Anyways just thought I would share my little experience. If anybody
needs water hyacinths, I'm sure I'll have a lot of extras..

Mike

Remind us all in March :-)

--
Bonnie
NJ

BenignVanilla 06-11-2003 03:02 AM

"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
I'm overwintering my water hyacinths and a couple other plants and they
are THRIVING under 4 normal 40" shop lights. One of the water hyacinths
is getting to be almost 2 feet across and the others are at least 1'.
They're growing way faster than they did outside over the summer. If
anybody is thinking of overwintering their plants, don't buy a grow
light, try a pair of shop lights first. I also surrounded them with

tinfoil.

Anyways just thought I would share my little experience. If anybody
needs water hyacinths, I'm sure I'll have a lot of extras..

I was thinking of moving my aqaurium into my office where I am allowed to
put holes in the ceiling for some shop lights. I may just do it now.

BV.