Old 05-11-2003, 03:22 AM
Michael Shaffer

Default Wow, I guess I don't need a grow light

I'm overwintering my water hyacinths and a couple other plants and they
are THRIVING under 4 normal 40" shop lights. One of the water hyacinths
is getting to be almost 2 feet across and the others are at least 1'.
They're growing way faster than they did outside over the summer. If
anybody is thinking of overwintering their plants, don't buy a grow
light, try a pair of shop lights first. I also surrounded them with tinfoil.

Anyways just thought I would share my little experience. If anybody
needs water hyacinths, I'm sure I'll have a lot of extras..

Mike

Old 05-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Bonnie

Michael Shaffer wrote:

Anyways just thought I would share my little experience. If anybody
needs water hyacinths, I'm sure I'll have a lot of extras..

Mike

Remind us all in March :-)

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 06-11-2003, 03:02 AM
BenignVanilla

"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
I'm overwintering my water hyacinths and a couple other plants and they
are THRIVING under 4 normal 40" shop lights. One of the water hyacinths
is getting to be almost 2 feet across and the others are at least 1'.
They're growing way faster than they did outside over the summer. If
anybody is thinking of overwintering their plants, don't buy a grow
light, try a pair of shop lights first. I also surrounded them with

tinfoil.

Anyways just thought I would share my little experience. If anybody
needs water hyacinths, I'm sure I'll have a lot of extras..

I was thinking of moving my aqaurium into my office where I am allowed to
put holes in the ceiling for some shop lights. I may just do it now.

BV.

Grow light 24 x 7? Do plants need to sleep? Play4aBuck Gardening 3 12-04-2011 12:43 AM
Full spectrum Light,Grow Light etc Oliver Norris United Kingdom 11 09-04-2011 04:55 PM
UV Light - Wow Quercus Robur Ponds 3 26-07-2005 07:41 AM
Wow. Just WOW. Lilly Ponds 17 24-07-2005 06:17 PM
Fluorescent light vs. grow light michele Gardening 9 13-04-2003 08:20 AM