GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Going With the Flow (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/47891-going-flow.html)

BenignVanilla 28-11-2003 05:23 PM

Going With the Flow

I just read a great article on how fish swim in turbulent water in order to
save energy. I posted a link to it on our home page at www.iheartmypond.com,
it's also listed in our News category,
http://www.iheartmypond.com/topiclis...ews%20Stories.

--
BV.
WebPorgmaster

~ jan JJsPond.us 28-11-2003 06:42 PM

Going With the Flow

Excellent find, BV! The true meaning of "go with flow" revealed. ~ jan

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:17:07 -0500, "BenignVanilla" wrote:

I just read a great article on how fish swim in turbulent water in order to
save energy. I posted a link to it on our home page at www.iheartmypond.com,
it's also listed in our News category,
http://www.iheartmypond.com/topiclis...ews%20Stories.

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Anne Lurie 29-11-2003 11:14 PM

Going With the Flow

BV,

I'm not sure about fish who are actually trying to *go* somewhere, but
otherwise the article seems to confirm what I was taught when I first
attempted flyfishing: cast just downstream of a big rock because the trout
(or whatever) like to hang out there because that's where they "get the most
bang for the buck" energy vs. food-wise.

BTW, for the record, I don't get to "attempt flyfishing" often, but it's
strictly catch & release.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

BenignVanilla 30-11-2003 02:11 AM

Going With the Flow

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...
BV,

I'm not sure about fish who are actually trying to *go* somewhere, but
otherwise the article seems to confirm what I was taught when I first
attempted flyfishing: cast just downstream of a big rock because the

trout
(or whatever) like to hang out there because that's where they "get the

most
bang for the buck" energy vs. food-wise.

BTW, for the record, I don't get to "attempt flyfishing" often, but it's
strictly catch & release.

snip

I've tried fly fishing, but those flies are pretty hard to catch.