Old 28-11-2003, 05:23 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Going With the Flow

I just read a great article on how fish swim in turbulent water in order to
save energy. I posted a link to it on our home page at www.iheartmypond.com,
it's also listed in our News category,
http://www.iheartmypond.com/topiclis...ews%20Stories.

--
BV.
WebPorgmaster

Old 28-11-2003, 06:42 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Excellent find, BV! The true meaning of "go with flow" revealed. ~ jan

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:17:07 -0500, "BenignVanilla" wrote:

I just read a great article on how fish swim in turbulent water in order to
save energy. I posted a link to it on our home page at www.iheartmypond.com,
it's also listed in our News category,
http://www.iheartmypond.com/topiclis...ews%20Stories.

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 29-11-2003, 11:14 PM
Anne Lurie

BV,

I'm not sure about fish who are actually trying to *go* somewhere, but
otherwise the article seems to confirm what I was taught when I first
attempted flyfishing: cast just downstream of a big rock because the trout
(or whatever) like to hang out there because that's where they "get the most
bang for the buck" energy vs. food-wise.

BTW, for the record, I don't get to "attempt flyfishing" often, but it's
strictly catch & release.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 30-11-2003, 02:11 AM
BenignVanilla

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...
BV,

I'm not sure about fish who are actually trying to *go* somewhere, but
otherwise the article seems to confirm what I was taught when I first
attempted flyfishing: cast just downstream of a big rock because the

trout
(or whatever) like to hang out there because that's where they "get the

most
bang for the buck" energy vs. food-wise.

BTW, for the record, I don't get to "attempt flyfishing" often, but it's
strictly catch & release.

snip

I've tried fly fishing, but those flies are pretty hard to catch.

Old 30-11-2003, 02:18 AM
BenignVanilla

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
[...]

Fish are going going......... ReelMcKoi Ponds (moderated) 8 23-03-2009 07:33 PM
[IBC] going no mail...going HOME! alicia-dr-hankins Bonsai 0 24-05-2004 03:05 PM
Too much flow! Sue Alexandre Ponds 2 05-05-2003 01:56 AM
Laminar Flow Hood For Sale Lux Ifer Rising Orchids 1 24-02-2003 02:28 PM