GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cichlids & Platys (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/48340-re-cichlids-platys.html)

joe 08-12-2003 11:42 PM

Cichlids & Platys

I live in San Diego. I put a couple of Oscars in this summer to try and keep
down the mosquito fish population (turned out they would rather eat koi
pellets!) I took them out a couple of months ago when the water was hovering
in the high 60's. They are tropical fish and I think their limit would be
about 70. They probably wouldn't die because of a lower temp, but would
become more susceptible to disease.

Joe

On 12/8/03 1:31 PM, "Lynn Strickland" wrote:

Hi -

I've heard of people putting Ciclids and/or Platy's in thier ponds. Anyone
know what the liveable temperature range is for these guys? Would they get
along with small Koi (about 5-6" long)?

I'm in zone 10b, water temp right now is about 50 deg F. I doubt it will get
much below 45 degrees in the depths of winter, but this is my first year.
Suggestions?