GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cleaned pond (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/49993-cleaned-pond.html)

bk 09-01-2004 10:05 PM

Cleaned pond

After thre years, I have finally cleaned the bottom of our pond.
The water is very clean. There is just this layer of grime that seems
to build up. Seems like the internal flow deposits it along one side.
It gets stirred every couple days as I scoop out leaves.

Anyway, I borrowed a 5.5 hp 16 gallon shopvac. I was amazed, no shocked
at how fast it sucked up 16 gallons. Sucked out nearly 40 gallons to clean
out
a 1200 gollon pond. Our pond is conc. I can't imagine using this with a
liner.

GrannyGrump 09-01-2004 10:05 PM

Cleaned pond

Anyway, I borrowed a 5.5 hp 16 gallon shopvac. I was amazed, no shocked
at how fast it sucked up 16 gallons. Sucked out nearly 40 gallons to clean
out
a 1200 gollon pond. Our pond is conc. I can't imagine using this with a
liner.

I use my shop-vac on my liners....

~ jan JJsPond.us 10-01-2004 08:12 AM

Cleaned pond

Anyway, I borrowed a 5.5 hp 16 gallon shopvac. I was amazed, no shocked
at how fast it sucked up 16 gallons. Sucked out nearly 40 gallons to clean
out a 1200 gollon pond. Our pond is conc. I can't imagine using this with a
liner.

I use my shop-vac on my liners....

Me too. A liner held down by 100s of gallons of water isn't going anywhere.
~ jan

Hal 10-01-2004 02:33 PM

Cleaned pond

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 21:00:59 GMT, "bk" wrote:

Anyway, I borrowed a 5.5 hp 16 gallon shopvac. I was amazed, no shocked
at how fast it sucked up 16 gallons. Sucked out nearly 40 gallons to clean
out
a 1200 gollon pond. Our pond is conc. I can't imagine using this with a
liner.

I use one on a plant pond with a liner to pick up river pebbles
(marble size) to clean them. So long as there is enough water to
weight down the liner it isn't noticeable, but after the water is
gone the vacuum does try to pick up the liner. Forty mil rubber is
heavy and doesn't move easy. The liner goes back into place when the
water is added again, so it is no big deal.

Regards,

Hal