Old 18-01-2004, 04:03 PM
tim chandler

Default Concrete Pond repair

Quikrete Vinyl Concrete Patcher. Works great. I used it as the surface
finish for my concrete pond, and also for patching leaks, as well as general
concrete repair. It is a fiber-reinforced mix which gives it greater
strength to resist cracking. You can Google for more info on it, it will
bond OK to old concrete but it's recommended that the old surface be roughed
up for best adhesion.

Happy (concrete) Ponding,
Tim

"Bill Spohn" wrote in message
I have an old cement pond that has started leaking after 60 years. I do

not
want to replace it with a membrane, both because I dislike the appearance

and
because I do not want to disturb either the well established margins or

the
large planted island in the middle of it (it is a large pond maybe 40'

long).

I have tried patching, but this either didn't take or new cracks appeared.

I am thinking along the lines of a layer of reinforcing mesh and a skim

coat of
cement to seal it up again, and while I am at it, I'd like to drop one

section
down a couple of feet to allow a place for the fish to hide and the lilies

grow - the pond is fairly shallow.

This chore seesm to fall between the areas of competence of the liner

pondies
and a swimming pool company - no one seems to be geared up for the repair

of
existing ponds, though many will offer to install a new one with membrane,
which is not what I want.

I am prepared to have one more try at patching, if anyone has any

suggestions
for a flexible patching compound that will bond to old concrete. If that
doesn't work, I guess I may have to talk to the swimming pool people :-(

Any brilliant iedeas out there?

Cement pond repair? [email protected] Ponds 0 09-05-2014 10:25 AM
Pond Repair HELP [email protected] Gardening 2 31-03-2014 11:52 PM
Pond refurbishment/repair/liner question Stewart Vane-Tempest Ponds (alternative) 0 05-07-2005 10:21 AM
Pond repair keith_nuttle Ponds 1 02-04-2005 02:29 AM
Pond repair Bill Spohn Ponds 5 19-01-2004 01:39 AM