Old 06-02-2004, 09:52 AM
BenignVanilla

Default Snails, Frogbit and Duckweed

A status report...

Over the summer I dumped some snail egg cases into a 10 gallon aquarium.
They have been reproducing like...well like snails. I move some periodically
to my main indoor tank. The loach loves them.

Anyway, also in this tank is an umbrella plant. Doing well. Some frogbit and
a ton of duckweed. Looks like I will be able to start the spring out right.
I am hoping when spring gets closer to build something with a lot of surface
area, so I can get the duckweed going in more poundage. I plan to use it and
some other veggies from the supermarket to kickstart the VF.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 06-02-2004, 10:01 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Hi BV,

Winter moves on by and all the ponders are ready to roll.

Are those apple snails or smaller ones? I took a dozen or so apple snails
from our pond and they have done VERY well in my 30 gal. They have a bunch
of platies for company. All will go into the pond at the end of March when
the water is warm again.

If you need any plants, let me know. My hyacinths are dying for winter but
will come back strong with the warmth...as the parrots feather and the
anacharis. By the time your pond is warm, I should have some extras.

Last fall I fed hundreds and hundreds of mosquito fish to my Oscar and hope
to have some of our koi babies make it this year. The mosquito fish are
good hunters!

May the pond thrive this year!

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net