GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   "Tale of Woe"... suggestions? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/52123-tale-woe-suggestions.html)

[email protected] 12-02-2004 11:26 PM

"Tale of Woe"... suggestions?

so tell us how it goes. and if you got a big enough spade bit you might want to drop
a 100watt aquarium heater down in there below the level of the airstone. it will
keep a nice hole open!!! I had the same problem, electricity went out and froze over
had to drill hole. that is when I decided to tent my pond every winter. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Dan D. 12-02-2004 11:26 PM

"Tale of Woe"... suggestions?

Hi Dan,
You're coming through loud and clear!
Bonnie
NJ

Hi Bonnie! I hate to take over this thread but that's what usually
happens after a few replies anyway ;=))

I was posting occasionally via Google groups but they take a whole
day to show up.
Google only updates the groups once or twice in 24 hours.
That makes any kind of back and forth conversation pretty tough BUT
google always works and is accessable via any web browser -
even at work (gasp!)

I've been trying to get into the groups from home off and on for a
couple
of weeks.
My dial up tech support was no help.
I use free agent. It's GREAT.
I had my real log in info in there and a bogus e-mail
address to stop the spammers from getting it.
I could download messages from the NG but could not post.
I put in my true e-mail and it let me post.
THEN I put in a bogus e-mail and it still let me post.
Go figure......

Is it Spring yet??

We REALLY want to put in an upper pond and a stream to a lower pond
this year. We've been talking about it for a long time.
I bought all the stuff to build a veggie filter but I'm now thinking
I'll just use the upper pond as a veggie filter and keep the fish in
the lower one.
Now all I gotta do is order a load of top soil and start digging!!
We need to build up the area in order to get water flow
where we want it.

There!
That oughta make up for all my non-posts!

Pray for Peace!
Dan D. Louisville Ky good ole USA
http://ky-dan.com

Bonnie 12-02-2004 11:26 PM

"Tale of Woe"... suggestions?

Dan D. wrote:

We REALLY want to put in an upper pond and a stream to a lower pond
this year. We've been talking about it for a long time.
I bought all the stuff to build a veggie filter but I'm now thinking
I'll just use the upper pond as a veggie filter and keep the fish in
the lower one.
Now all I gotta do is order a load of top soil and start digging!!
We need to build up the area in order to get water flow
where we want it.

There!
That oughta make up for all my non-posts!

Pray for Peace!
Dan D. Louisville Ky good ole USA
http://ky-dan.com

I'll be looking for the photos of your completed project.
It really sounds nice!
It isn't Spring in NJ yet :-(

--
Bonnie
NJ

BTC/TAK on ACK 13-02-2004 02:57 AM

"Tale of Woe"... suggestions?

So far I've been drilling holes every day... getting electricity anywhere
near the pond still hasn't happened. So I drill, then pray for a thaw,
drill, then pray for a thaw, drill, then pray for a thaw...

You get the picture, I imagine

Mila

wrote in message
so tell us how it goes. and if you got a big enough spade bit you might

want to drop
a 100watt aquarium heater down in there below the level of the airstone.

it will
keep a nice hole open!!! I had the same problem, electricity went out and

froze over
had to drill hole. that is when I decided to tent my pond every winter.

Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

John Hines 13-02-2004 08:00 PM

"Tale of Woe"... suggestions?

"BTC/TAK on ACK" wrote:

So far I've been drilling holes every day... getting electricity anywhere
near the pond still hasn't happened. So I drill, then pray for a thaw,
drill, then pray for a thaw, drill, then pray for a thaw...

Bucket of hot tap water. Opens up holes in ice real easy, except for the
lugging from the house.

Fisherman have battery operated air pumps, for their minnow buckets.