GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tubing blowing off pump (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/52959-tubing-blowing-off-pump.html)

k conover 19-02-2004 06:02 AM

tubing blowing off pump

There must be something I'm missing on my pump--the hose keeps blowing off
the place where it's attached to the pump from the force of the water--is
there something I can buy to make the fit tighter?
Kirsten
(with numb hands from sticking in almost frozen pond to try to fix this
problem!)

Charles 19-02-2004 06:07 AM

tubing blowing off pump

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 00:47:08 -0500, "k conover"
wrote:

There must be something I'm missing on my pump--the hose keeps blowing off
the place where it's attached to the pump from the force of the water--is
there something I can buy to make the fit tighter?
Kirsten
(with numb hands from sticking in almost frozen pond to try to fix this
problem!)

A hose clamp, like they sell at auto parts store.

If you could get one all stainless, that would be best.

--

- Charles
-

Zookeeper 19-02-2004 07:38 AM

tubing blowing off pump

k conover wrote:

... the hose keeps blowing off
the place where it's attached to the pump from the force of the water--is
there something I can buy to make the fit tighter?

Kirsten, you need to get a hose clamp: a circular metal band that
narrows and widens when you turn a screw attached to it. Stainless steel
is better for ponds. You need to know your hose size and the diameter of
the pump part where you attach the hose. In the meantime, use a piece of
wire. Wrap around hose once and twist tightly, like using a twist tie on
a plastic bag (loaf of bread, etc.)
--
Zk

k conover 20-02-2004 06:09 AM

tubing blowing off pump

Thanks, all! I was also told that the hose should be going OVER the
outtake part of the filter, and I was fitting it inside...
Kirsten

Hal 20-02-2004 02:20 PM

tubing blowing off pump

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:17:25 -0800, Zookeeper
wrote:

Wrap around hose once and twist tightly, like using a twist tie on
a plastic bag (loaf of bread, etc.)

Might I suggest a double wrap and pull and twist the wire to tighten.

Regards,

Hal