GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spring is coming...And of course not in a good way... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/53791-spring-coming-course-not-good-way.html)

Hal 28-02-2004 05:03 PM

Spring is coming...And of course not in a good way...

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:46:41 -0500, "BenignVanilla"
wrote:

So long as it remains intact and undamaged it is safe.

I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old. There is no such thing as safe in my
yard. :)

The fun is just beginning!

Regards,

Hal

BenignVanilla 02-03-2004 07:20 PM

Spring is coming...And of course not in a good way...

"Nedra" wrote in message
hlink.net...
BV, Ohhh - I've laughed myself silly over the way you express things!

Actually my place is a twin to yours. Only my extension cords
are forest green... so they are harder to see :O)

Nedra

snip

I am always glad to make someone smile. This year, I have promised the wife
to trench out there and bury the wire in a conduit. So what are the thoughts
of the group on that? I am thinking two circuits and a water line. What do
you think?

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Ka30P 03-03-2004 10:25 AM

Spring is coming...And of course not in a good way...

BV wrote And there is no
GFI on this circuit.
OK, flame away...I deserve it.

BV, get thee to a Lowes or whatever
you have back there in the heathen east and
buy a gfi this weekend!!!

kathy :-)

Hal 03-03-2004 05:39 PM

Spring is coming...And of course not in a good way...

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:28:04 -0500, "BenignVanilla"
wrote:

I am always glad to make someone smile. This year, I have promised the wife
to trench out there and bury the wire in a conduit. So what are the thoughts
of the group on that? I am thinking two circuits and a water line. What do
you think?

Pond pump, UV filter, underwater lights, christmas lights around the
gazebo and an air pump. I've still got a bit of room on one 20 amp
circuit, but I have another one close by. I hate to drag a hose. I
think you planned well.

Regards,

Hal

BenignVanilla 03-03-2004 05:40 PM

wrote:

I am always glad to make someone smile. This year, I have promised the

wife
to trench out there and bury the wire in a conduit. So what are the

thoughts
of the group on that? I am thinking two circuits and a water line. What

do
you think?

Pond pump, UV filter, underwater lights, christmas lights around the
gazebo and an air pump. I've still got a bit of room on one 20 amp
circuit, but I have another one close by. I hate to drag a hose. I
think you planned well.

I wonder if it's safe to put the hose in the same conduit? Time to consult
electrician friend.

BV.

Hal 05-03-2004 04:28 AM

Spring is coming...And of course not in a good way...

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:03:41 -0500, "BenignVanilla"
wrote:

I wonder if it's safe to put the hose in the same conduit? Time to consult
electrician friend.

May not be code, but I don't see any hazard with pvc water pipe in
proximity of electrical wires that are safe to bury under the ground.
Even if water gets into the end of the conduit it won't matter unless
it gets into the boxes where it can short out wires. I think I would
be more concerned about mice getting into the conduit, than the water
pipe near the electrical cables.

Regards,

Hal

AZKalEl 05-03-2004 05:46 AM

Spring is coming...And of course not in a good way...

Your PVC idea will work, that's what I did. I ran my electrical cords
through it and buried it about 8 inches underground. Then I used some
elbows so where it comes out of the ground it is in the shape of an
upside down "J". That way no water can get into it. Of course I am
in Arizona so there is more water in my pond then the entire state
anyway. =)