Old 27-02-2004, 04:15 AM
BenignVanilla

Default Spring is coming...And of course not in a good way...

Went back to Shareholders Pond today. Two dead frogs, but fish are happy.
The minnow parade came up for food. One or more frogs scurried down into the
much. The water is already greening up a bit. I can't believe the algae are
already ready. As soon as the VF melts, I may get ready to fire up the old
pump.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 27-02-2004, 04:15 AM
BenignVanilla

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
Went back to Shareholders Pond today. Two dead frogs, but fish are happy.
The minnow parade came up for food. One or more frogs scurried down into

the
much. The water is already greening up a bit. I can't believe the algae

are
already ready. As soon as the VF melts, I may get ready to fire up the old
pump.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Did I mention that part about the bad way? It appears my only out door
outlet is dead. *sigh* The pump keeping a hole in the ice is now not
running. Thank god for the warm weather. Looks like I will be trenching
sooner then I thought.

BV.

Old 27-02-2004, 05:02 AM
jammer

I welcome the algae 'cause it feeds tads

Old 27-02-2004, 02:44 PM
BenignVanilla

"jammer" wrote in message
I welcome the algae 'cause it feeds tads

snip

I'm there withca...I am not 100% against algae. To me, algae in the pond
means life. We need to embrace our algae.

BV.

Old 27-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Chris & Jacqui Tondreau

"jammer" wrote in message
I welcome the algae 'cause it feeds tads

snip

I'm there withca...I am not 100% against algae. To me, algae in the pond
means life. We need to embrace our algae.

BV.

It is pretty amazing stuff. There's a building near me that has a leaky
drain pipe. The water running out of the drain has frozen to the side of
the building, but there's algae growing under the ice up against the bricks.
I guess what heat escapes the building is enough to keep it going right
under the ice.

Jacqui

Old 27-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Anne Lurie

BV, if your outdoor outlet has -- or is connected to -- a GFI, have you
tested it? We nearly drove ourselves crazy trying to figure out which
circuit breaker had flipped, only to discover that one of the kitchen GFI
outlets hadn't been reset correctly.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"BenignVanilla" wrote

Old 27-02-2004, 07:37 PM
BenignVanilla

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...
BV, if your outdoor outlet has -- or is connected to -- a GFI, have

you
tested it? We nearly drove ourselves crazy trying to figure out which
circuit breaker had flipped, only to discover that one of the kitchen GFI
outlets hadn't been reset correctly.

snip

Well you know me I always preach safety and awareness. With that in mind, my
pond is currently fueled by a day glow extension cord that is 100' long. It
runs on the ground past my sliding glass door (danger one), across the deck
stairs (danger two), across the main walk way (danger three) and along the
neighbors fence behind the landscaping (not so dangerous). And there is no
GFI on this circuit.

OK, flame away...I deserve it.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com