Old 02-03-2004, 07:41 PM
Steve and Lisa

Default Frogs

Yesterday I saw one frog swimming about in our pond (remember we moved and
the preformed is set up in our garage). Is it normal? We have two, the
larger one is staying at the bottom, but the smaller one decided she'd go
for a swim. Do I need to worry about her getting out. (They are Bull Frogs)
Hubby put ramps up to it thinking if she does get out, she could possibly
get back in. I'll be sick if she gets out and he runs over her!

We're in I believe Zone 5 btw (NE Ohio) and it's been in the 50's the past
few days.

Lisa

Old 02-03-2004, 10:32 PM
Ka30P

Frogs are temperature dependent.
Warmer water temps and they will wake
up.
Do you have mice in your garage?
Bullfrogs like a nice tasty mouse ;-)

kathy :-)
Old 02-03-2004, 10:32 PM
Steve and Lisa

eeek not that we know of, but we have only been in since Thanksgiving. I
suppose they'd have gotten into the safflower and sunflower seed I feed the
birds ....and subsequently numerous squirrels.....but not seen any evidence
of that. =o)

Lisa

Old 02-03-2004, 10:39 PM
Ka30P

Old 02-03-2004, 10:46 PM
Ka30P

Lisa,

If your frogs stay awake you can go to the petstore and buy one of those cheap
plastic
habitats that have plastic tops and carrying handle on them.
You can put your wakeful bullfrog in there for luncheon and dump a bunch of
crickets in (also available at the pet store).
Instant buffet!
If any of your wintered over fish are bullfrog mouth sized they will be come
lunch too...
You could set up another 'pondlet' and put rosie red minnows in there as
another option. You don't want to add them to your wintered over fish for fear
of disease.
(Are you going to have room in your garage for your cars after this?)

kathy :-)

Old 02-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Ka30P

Old 02-03-2004, 11:18 PM
Ka30P

Old 02-03-2004, 11:23 PM
Ka30P

Lisa,

If your frogs stay awake you can go to the petstore and buy one of those cheap
plastic
habitats that have plastic tops and carrying handle on them.
You can put your wakeful bullfrog in there for luncheon and dump a bunch of
crickets in (also available at the pet store).
Instant buffet!
If any of your wintered over fish are bullfrog mouth sized they will be come
lunch too...
You could set up another 'pondlet' and put rosie red minnows in there as
another option. You don't want to add them to your wintered over fish for fear
of disease.
(Are you going to have room in your garage for your cars after this?)

kathy :-)

frogs frogs everywhere Gail Futoran Ponds 2 01-09-2004 07:06 PM
frogs frogs everywhere Gail Futoran Ponds 0 31-08-2004 10:24 PM
FROGS - Bull Frogs, Leopard Frogs, Spring Peepers (Was BullFrogs) Heather Ponds 1 03-06-2003 06:20 PM
greenhouse frogs Dave Lockwood Orchids 4 01-04-2003 05:20 PM
Feeding Frogs Rupert Ponds 1 30-01-2003 05:20 AM